Sure. Why not?!
Pasta, veggies, pesto & spice. Add a few pieces of cooked chicken breasts on top (leftovers work just fine) and you’ve got a meal packed full of goodness. This is one of my favorite things for three reasons: quick, flavorful and gives me energy. That’s why I enjoy having it in the morning. And if I decide to workout, it is not too heavy to have before or after.
* I do not measure anything for this recipe, because I never know how hungry I will be. *
• rotini pasta (I start with 1 cup)
• basil pesto
• sweet peppers, sliced thin
• 1/4 of a small red onion, finely diced
• fresh spinach, stems removed
• cracked black pepper
• salt to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. In a medium pan on medium-low heat, add pasta. In about one minute, add remainder of ingredients. Stir and cook until ingredients come together. About 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove from pan. Good by itself or with a slice of French bread. ☺️ Enjoy!
Side Note: some of my friends make a whole batch of this and then store the rest in the fridge to make a cold pasta salad for later. Add cherry tomatoes and black olives for a new flavor. Yummy.
To Each His Own,
The Smitten Chef 🍴😄