Top of the morning to y’all!
How does the day find you?
I.am.hungry. It’s early and I want something quick and light. Look in the refrigerator; see some shredded chicken and a tortilla. No need to look any further, we shall make this work.
Behold, my breakfast chicken flatbread. Quick, light & different than my normal grits, 3 course breakfast. Let me show you how it went down.
Tortilla (I used a whole wheat one)
Cheese (your choice)
Green Onions (optional, I sautéed mine)
1. Lightly oil both sides of tortilla. In a large pan, cook one side of the tortilla until beginning to crisp. Flip over.
2. Add chicken, cheese & green onions to the tortilla. Cook until cheese melts. Remove from pan.
3. Top with salsa. Or put it in with the cheese, chicken & onions. That will make everything hot. I just wanted to dip.
4. Serve on large plate. Salsa as a side.
* I wanted to fold mine over, but the thought of me eating breakfast in the shape of a pizza brought me joy. I just sliced mine in quarters. THIN CRUST BREAKFAST PIZZA, oh yeah! Ha ha *
Hope You Enjoyed,
The Smitten Chef 🍕🔪