Get Ready, Get Fit, Be Awesome…repeat.
That is what has been running through my mind all morning. It is only 6, so not much else has been thought about outside of coffee and a
breakfast biscuit. Really just coffee.
Nevertheless, the phrase is with me and I’m going forth with it- feels great! Today is a special day, the first day of my 90 day challenge! I am so excited! My last experience was wonderful and is the reason for this go round. I have chosen to focus on being more consistent/forming good habits, specifically in regards to food and fitness. In my study sessions I find that I am drawn to the quotes on consistency. I find whenever a certain subject shows up in everything I do, I need to pay close attention. So here I am. My plan is to write daily and immerse myself in activities that are worth participating in. It sounds easy enough, but I see where certain bad habits have crept up or been here longer than necessary. There will be a lot of unlearning to do. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it. My excitement is twofold. First, it stems from the thought of what will happen AFTER the next 90 days and second
YOU ARE INVITED! Yes, Y-O-U! I mean, the whole idea is totally optional… but if you care to rock and roll with me I’m game.
Here’s how it will work. There are only two rules:
- Pick something you would like to work on. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE FOOD/FITNESS RELATED AT ALL. Just choose an area you’d like to take to the next level.
- No dissension. No name-calling. No intentional negativity. Challenges are already hard enough- if you don’t have anything nice to say, it’s a good time to remain quiet.
- OPTIONAL: share anything you’ve learned or that has helped you.
I do have some suggestions though. Feel free to use some, all or none.
- Write down your goal.
- Keep it simple.
- Keep a journal, notebook or sketchbook handy.
- If you read this and decide to join at a time you feel is ‘too late,’ trust your intuition/situation and decide from there.
- Trust the process.
Two rules. That’s it. Everything else is optional. With that said, I would like to say:
I will be using various social media platforms but the central location of this challenge will be here. I will write one blog for each day.
That’s what this challenge is all about- being your best you! There seems to be this idea that a person has to be better or in direct competition with another. There’s a famous quote saying, “The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday. (author unknown) I stand by this quote.
Here’s to the next 90 days friends: may you accomplish your goal and become a better you.
Let’s Do It,
The Smitten Chef! 🌹