Ahhhhh, Friday. The weekend. Holiday weekend at that. Great time to gather with friends and family reunion style! Graduations, jazz festivals (yeeeeees!), birthdays. Just an exciting weekend. Always has been for me; always will. 💜 ✨✨✨✨
This Memorial weekend is always celebrated in honor of our fallen soldiers. No matter what party I attend, someone always raises a toast to our heroes. To the ones we personally know, to the extended families of ones unknown. It’s great, the vibe is wonderful. It makes me proud. 💜 ✨✨✨✨
Try a Little Tenderness,
The Smitten Chef
I checked the weather this morning and saw a high of 75-80’s the weekend!! What can I create to cool us down while playing outdoors? Berry Lemonade! 🍸🍸🍸
INGREDIENTS: (blender needed for this recipe)
One full pitcher of your favorite lemonade. Homemade, store bought, frozen.
1 1/2 cups of fresh mixed berries. (Blueberry, Raspberry & Blackberries featured.)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1. Add berries into blender.
2. Add 3/4 cup of prepared lemonade to blender. Stir- if berries are not fully puréed, add more lemonade.
3. Add vanilla and brown sugar into blender. Purée for 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour blended ingredients into remainder of lemonade. Stir well. Serve chilled or on ice.
5. Use the vodka at your discretion. Can be added to entire pitcher, or individual glasses. (I chose to add fresh fruit in a mason jar lid and soak them in Vodka.💜 )
Refreshing and fun! A favorite of mine. Let me know your thoughts!! 💜 ✨✨✨✨